Thursday, June 10, 2010

Where were you when the Blackhawks won?

I didn't blog yesterday, sorry to all my faithful fans. I will catch ya up. I woke up yesterday at 6 am, wierd because it was 4 am and I didn't have any problem getting ready. So I went to work and finished up my audit in Grand Rapids. It was fun, the boss was gone so it was me and the coordinator he told me alot of funny facts about Grand Rapids. He is originally from England and is super nice. The office is in a train yard with a bunch of warehouse all around it. He showed me this one, (that I took a picture of but I can't upload pictures right now...,) that is mafia I guess. He showed me the helicopter landing pad and says every now and then this white helicopter with like a gold shark on the side of it lands there and a bunch of suits get out and go inside for a couple hours then come back out and fly off. Back when the train yard was really busy people would just disappear and end up a few cities away in some box car dead. Funny.

My plan was to hurry down to Indiana and audit the junk out of them between Weds and Thurs and catch an early flight out on Friday. Well one of the operations in had a bunch of stuff going on so that threw a wrench in my plan. So I decided to take my time and take the scenic route along Lake Michigan and see some of the small towns. I stopped for lunch and got a delicious waffle is some backwoods town. It was a good trip. I even saw my first white tail deer. It was sad, it looked like a grey hound. I always heard they were the size of dogs but I never believed it until then.

So I get to Indiana, I realize they are on central time when I go to check into my hotel at noon or I thought 1 pm. By now I am ready to just crash. I want to just crawl in any bed and goto sleep so I take whatever room they got and I get some sleep. I slept for about 2 hours. Then I woke up and went out to dinner. Then I came back and fell asleep again for about 5 hours. I woke up at about 11, and just hung out til about 3 AM then I went back to sleep and got up this morning at 6:30. I guess some time last night the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup. It has been huge out here. Chicago hasn't been a winner since Jordan left. I have heard the announcers call of when they scored the winning goal about 40 times today on the radio. Every DJ and every person is bringing it up. One of the coordinators asked me today if I watched the game and I didn't have the heart to tell her I was sleeping.

So I go to work today, and I tear the audit up. I am moving great and so excited. Like I have talked about, the operations I am auditing right now are really simple because they are hyrbid operations. I was expecting tomorrow to be a hybrid. So I was like wake up, hit up the operation, goto the airport and catch a midday flight out of Chi town. Someone tells me today they aren't hybrid. They are full on Savage terminals. I was like dangit. So I ran by and grabbed the work and have been chewing on it in my hotel room.

When I was grabbing the information on the last office I was talking to the coordinator and I asked her what time she was showing up. She said that they usually get started at 6:45 but because of the parade for the blackhawks tomorrow they are starting at 4 so they can get everything loaded and make it to the parade. Then I realized ohh junk I have to fly out of Chicago tomorrow....are you kidding me.

This is getting long and dry. I will post pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment