Monday, June 7, 2010

Detroit aka Don't trust Chase

So I haven't been posting any pictures, sorry but yea nothing picture worthy. Today I flew out to Detroit, now if I hadn't pulled an all nighter last night it would have been a fine day. I just love Provo though and was having so much fun down there I couldn't leave until about 3 AM then I ran some errands, so I just figured I'd sleep on the plane. I got to Detroit, super exhausted and just wanted to take a shower and goto bed. Well my first rental car wasn't having anything to do with me I guess so I had to go back in line and get a different one. Not bad right? Yea it wasn't so then I get to my hotel and my card gets declined and I am like what? Run it again and she does and it goes bad again. I think HUH? I just checked online Friday and I still had $3000 til I reached my limit. This obviously was a problem. So I step outside, mostly for courtesy to the other people around me. I must confess I absolutely hate, hate, hate phone customer service, because when I worked in that industry they said, the customer isn't always right and you need to make them work for whatever they want....I was shocked when they told me that. So everytime I call it seems like they answer phone with something like this, Hello my name is Gwen, I don't really care whats going with you and since you are 5000 miles away from me there is nothing you can do about it.

So back to the story, I call Chase, say whats going on? She says well it looks like there are some charges pending on your card, I say ohh those two charges my travel agent tried to make and you guys declined? Then I called you and told you to take them off and you said they were good? Or were they the other charges for the same amount on the same day? She says ohh its the first. To which I say I am in a rental car with no other means of payment and I need a hotel. What can you do for me, (no kidding) . . . umm mr phillips nothing actually . . . What? She tells me I need to call the merchant who made those charges.

So I hang up and call the travel agent for the company, who today is her first day, the lady who was there when the charges were made just got promoted and left the company on Friday. Yea, perfect. So I explain my situation to the newbie. First thing out of her mouth, call your credit card company those will just fall off....umm no they won't or else they would have sometime in the past month. You gotta do something. She says I don't know what to do I have never heard of this. I say well cancel my trip I'll just come home and when you figure it out I'll come back out. She doesn't like that. I didn't either I just wanted her to realize just how serious it was. So she comes up with the idea to call my boss and put it on his corporate card. We do I am in my room relaxing getting ready to go eat then work out. Needless to say I was way frustrated imagining I was going to sleep in a rental car tonight and not get a shower again.

There is nothing that makes me more upset than bad customer service, I am very old fashioned like that. If someone who makes you money is having a hard time you better dang well do anything you can to make their life a little easier. Chase, doesn't see that way I guess. An accounting company came to BYU once and said they have a team of people who just cruise the internet looking for what people are saying about their company and then contacting them. I hope Chase has the same and they contact me, I would love to see something positive about that company.

Funny though, I am fine now. I am grateful that this doesn't put me over the edge like it use to. I know I may sound super bitter and angry right now but I am not. Life is good, and I am glad it all worked out.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should get some sleep and stop pulling all nighters. you just love provo WAY too much...

    ReplyDelete