Friday, June 4, 2010

Pain is spelled L-U-B-B-O-C-K

So today is my little brother's graduation. After working yesterday I realized the operations down here aren't that complicated. I originally scheduled a 7:10 PM departure from Lubbock which would give me plenty of time to drive the 2 hours to Earth, work, and then drive the 1.5 hours to Lubbock. After thinking about it I really wanted to be home for a couple of reasons. So this morning I got up at 4 AM, got ready and left the hotel at 5. I arrive in Earth at 7 and everyone was shocked, I guess the coordinator doesnt come in until 8. So they called her and said get here before this hard A fails us. I would have too. But she came in with wet hair and I had sympathy on her. So I audit and it goes well. I get done and I drive to Lubbock. I get here at about noon.

On the way I called because there were three other flights to Dallas that I wanted to get on. One lady said it would be 694 dollars to get on one flight but she said it wouldn't be anything if I just went to the gate. I don't think she realized I am not a freqeunt flyer with American. So I get to the airport expecting to get on Standby and catch one of these three flights. Only to be told they don't have standby for regular customers anymore. So for the past 6 hours I have sat in this airport, watching three flights leave. In thirty minutes I will board my five hour flight to go home.

If I had known that I would have just piddled around Lubbock in my rental car. Needless to say I am going to be one grumpy passenger today. Did I also mention I am coming down with a cold and my head is killing? Lord beer me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment