Monday, June 21, 2010

Long time

So it has been a really long time since I poster. Which is good news. That means I have been in Utah for a while. It is nice and this morning when I caught my flight it felt like an eternity since I last flew, or 5 days, pretty close right?

So today I am in a town called El Dorado, Kansas. Not the city of gold but the accent on the a. They will let you know if you don't pronounce it right. I took off this morning and enjoyed my flights. I got to Denver and was enjoying life. Things were going great, so I am like the fifth person on the plane. I begin to read as everyone is loading and I just get super tired. I decide to take a nap and I just fall asleep in my chair immediately. When I sleep on planes it is like I am not full asleep and so time goes by in regular time. So the plane starts to taxi and I remember it taking off then I remember I am going to wake up and get my drink. So I get up and enjoy the rest of the flight. When I woke up I was like why does my neck hurt so bad and why am I so groggy? The plan lands and I am standing at baggage claim waiting for my luggage. Everyone from my flight is standing around and one guys calls his ride. This is the conversation

Guy: Hey so I just got in sorry about that....Yea I don't know what happened we just got all boarded and sat on the plane on the runway for like 45 minutes....

At this point I am like what is going on, check my watch sure enough we are an hour late. I have never been so grateful for a nap. Not only did I get an hour nap that I got paid for, but I dodged the frustration of sitting in a cramped plane for an hour on the runway. Life is good. I have never been more grateful for a nap.

So after an epic nap, two good flights and against my GPS' best effort I am safe and sound in El Dorado. This week is going to be a good week.

1 comment:

  1. your comment about your GPS reminds me of when Michael Scott said "computers are about trying to murder you in a lake" I'm glad you're not murdered in a lake :)

    ReplyDelete