Thursday, June 3, 2010

Great Day

Today was a good day, nothing too extraordinary. I woke up and went to work, it went fine and then I finished up and traveled around Amarillo killing time. I met some great people at Savage. I have yet to meet someone I didn't absolutely love and just enjoy chatting with, everyone is really smart and friendly. This is where I worked today.
This is the power plant we supply the coal for.
Texas is the only state that was added to the union by a treaty. They reserved the right to fly their flags the same height as the US flag. The thing is all the flag poles have funny angles on them that make them look like they are a little taller. Or they actually are....

This little feller was in the bathroom waiting to welcome me to Texas.

Texas is great, after work I went to the gift shop at the AQHA museum and hall of fame. I would have gone in but I realized I didn't know enough about horses for it to really make a difference in my life. I loved the gift shop though. They had a tiny little arena off to the side so I think they have little shows there. I went to a nice burger joint for dinner, it was like a texas five guys. I love not having to buy my own food...I would have gone to the Big Texan but everyone in the office said if I didn't want to die I shouldn't eat there. I guess their food actually is really terrible. They say the only reason it is still in business is because it is such a novelty.

I am getting a cold. I have a headache and my nose and throat are burning. I will just leave it at this and goto bed. Things are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment