Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life

Today was a good day. I really enjoyed it for some reason. This morning I had my first "conference call" It was everything I imagined, emotions were high, lots of pressure, deals getting made. It was quite an event, not to mention I did probably the third most talking during the whole event. It was a great time. This morning I was kinda sweating the meeting though. I got an email last night late from a manager about his score. I understood perfectly why he was upset, but there was really nothing I could do but explain that the letter of the law said he was in the wrong as much as I believe he was in the right. As crazy as it is auditing has a lot to do with my religion. I believe in God, and I believe in a very just God. He has many laws and none can be broken. No matter how hard I try though I will break the laws. Now if God and I sat down on a conference call it would go pretty similar to the one that went on today. I will explain my position, and God will say I understand your position perfectly but there isn't much I can do. We set up these rules for the benefit of the whole. I will just have to take the score that is given me. Or I can reach out to Jesus Christ.

Kinda cheesy I know but it is something that has been on my mind all day today.

Tonight my coworker and I went to dinner at a nice family on the south end of Houston. We knew them because his friend married their daughter. It was really cool to see my coworker just be so comfortable around people he had met twice. We went over there and it was like we knew them our whole life. They made us dinner and we all chatted about life. Come to find out their son and my sister both graduated just barely in chemical engineering. I had heard some stories about him from my sister. She told me about how there was one kid who helped her stay sane around so many socially awkward kids. Thanks man, if you hadn't she would have taken it out on our family....and that is a lose lose situation.

Tomorrow we drop the bomb though. Then catch the first flight we can out of town. It has been a good trip but Houston is too humid and smelly for me to ever stay for more than a week.

Sorry no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment