Monday, May 17, 2010

Humidity

I thought I bid this stuff farewell three years ago but alas it is still ruining my life, especially my hair.

So we took off from Salt Lake, landed in Houston, got a rental car, checked into some sweet hotel, and started working. It was nice actually knowing what I was doing and able to understand what was going on. First though check out my hotel room, it is okay.


So that is where I am blogging from tonight and where I will call home for the next couple of evenings. It is a pretty rough deal being on the road but I think I can manage.
So today we started working and it went fine, it was just a long day after the whole flight and everything but it still is nothing to complain about. I should have seen the signs on the wall though when I learned that every door in the office building is locked 24/7. I mean every door. I tried to goto the bathroom, no dice. Went to the car, no dice. I tried to come back into the lobby of our suite after stepping out for a phone call, no dice. I was like hrmm I guess they take security serious around here. These should have been huge red flags for the area we were in but I left my gun, and my paranoia at home. It was about 7 PM when I realized that I hadn't eaten anything other than peanuts all day, see exhibit delicious.
So we went to this bbq place, the dude says you know we have single servings of potato salad. I just looked at him like what do you mean a pint isn't a single serving. They sell refined oil (aka gas but I knew if I said gas my brothers wouldn't be able to get past that and continue on with my story), and good food. It was quite a one two combo. Then we hit up walmart because airport security said I had 3.1 ozs of toothpaste and not 3. On our way into Wal-mart some essay gave me a funny look. I was like hrmm thats odd. Then we go inside and thats when it hit me. Ohh this is the bad part of Houston...either that or it was just Walmart.
Things are great though Mom ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment