Thursday, May 27, 2010

Life on the Road

So I didn't post last night, and there is a good story. So after my jet lag fiasco, I took an epic 3 hour nap. That didn't phase it I guess. I went to bed at like 11 but I couldn't fall asleep until 12:30 and then about 5:30 I kept waking up. It was a sad day. So I got ready and I just headed towards Syracuse. On the way I stopped off in Palmyra, it is a pretty significant place in my life. I took a ton of pictures for my sweet sister in law, who has a better chance of getting called there on a mission in the next year than ever going there. Ask her why. But I won't bore this post with a million pictures. So I will post straight pictures later.


So I wandered around the Hill Cumorah, The Smith Family Farm, Sacred Grove, and the Palmyra temple in a hurry. I think I spent maybe an hour and a half there. I was in a big rush. Well anyways so I get to Syracuse and start working. I was so tired though. I worked for a while and then came back to the hotel room. I ordered another Chick parm grinda(thought I would give it another chance to redeem itself) and it was amazing. As well as the buffalo wings I got with it. I love wings. Well so I decided at 7 to catch a nap, needless to say I slept until 5 AM.


So Thursday kinda snuck up on me, but it allowed me to get an early start on my work. I pounded through my audits and was done by noon. I came home and sent out some quick emails and then I hit the road, I figured with a whole afternoon to kill I could hit up Palmyra again.


So I got there and I decided to take the tours. I started at the Smith farm, there is no point going unless you go with someone who really knows the historical significance of those areas. I was amazed at all the information the missionaries passed along to me. I also made it to EB Grandin's shop and the Whitmer farm home. It was nice because I was the only one on all my tours. I got to get some good conversation in with all the senior missionaries. They were amazing. They bore such humble testimony and were so helpful.


Visiting the places I visited today didn't really change my testimony much, I knew going in there those places were very significant in my life and will be for a long time. But visiting them was neat, the Smith family home is 85% original. They still have almost all the original door knobs and the original kitchen table where Martin confessed losing the 116 pages to Joseph. It was neat to know who used those knobs or who sat at that table. I had a great time.


After all that I stopped by the Outlets to get some well deserved gifts for my sister and my neice Abigail. Two of the top 4 women in my life. I found Abbi her first Polo outfit, Train up a child in the way they should go and they will never depart.


This trip was a great one. My sleep is all jacked up though, considering it is after midnight and I have to get up in less than 4 hours to get to the airport for my flight. Oh joys of being such a high profile auditor.


I will include one picture, this was my dinner last night. Chick parm with banana peppers and wings.

1 comment:

  1. I really don't think that meal could be more perfect. I'm drooling for banana peppers and wings...

    ReplyDelete