Monday, May 24, 2010

Buffalo

So I spent a great weekend at home with my family. My brother was in from North Carolina and it was really fun to sit around and just joke about everything. It seems no matter how many times we get Nat it never gets old. As my brothers and I sat around joking they started talking to me about my job. I realized that if you just read this blog you would think this is really a tough gig. So after all this bomb business and talk about getting lynched and getting out of town fast. I need to set the record straight. I am an internal auditor. No one likes them but it isn't that bad because since no one likes them I don't have much of a reputation to ruin. People know when they get a visit from me it will be bad so they are expecting it to be bad. Friday in Houston I reviewed my findings with a lot of different people. It went really well. Things ended great there.

Now, I am sitting in Buffalo getting ready for my next adventure. I got up this moring to snow in Utah and checked the weather, I never thought I would escape the winter of Utah in Buffalo New York but considering it is upper 80's for the rest of the week. Enough said. So I had a friend tell me I needed to read this book called the Giver. She is a 4th grade teacher and I was like what you can't recommend a book for my age? Do you really think I can only read on a 4th grade level? Little do they know that I owned Mrs. Schenck's 4th grade reading contest. There is probably still a monument to my accomplishments of over 10,000 pages in a school year. Moral of the story, don't judge me. So after I got a copy of it I was on the way to the airport and was like this isn't going to be enough to fill me up this week. So I stopped and bought one of my favorite stories. I have only read it abridged to this point, and my brother and sister-in-law said it is great. (Note anything my sis-in-law recommends, is gold.) So I picked up a copy of The Count of Monte Cristo. I love it so far I am like 80 pages into it.

So I fly from Salt Lake to Chi town, get there and I don't have a seat assigned. I goto the nice lady at the counter. She misread my name and was like one minute. Well it turns out United sold 30 some odd extra seats to this flight. So all the Canadians are trying to get home to Toronto and everyone is hassling her. In the hubbub I got forgotten and she was like we need 15 people to volunteer to go tomorrow night. I said to myself if they think I am not getting there tonight they are sorely mistaken. So I go back up there as the last passenger goes down the Jetway and I say am I going to get a ticket and she looks at my ticket. Oh I am sorry I thought your last name was Eric....Yea good one. So I climb on board and barely make it to Buffalo.

Pick up my rental car, 448 miles, sweet camry and drive the wrong way. So 30 cents in tolls later I am in my hotel and getting ready to goto bed.

This trip is going to be extra special, I won't have any pictures up tonight but expect a bunch over the next week. I work in Buffalo tomorrow, and sleep here tomorrow night. Then I drive to Syracuse. Along the way is a special place to my religion. It is a small town called Palmyra and I have never been but am so excited to go. In 1820 Jesus Christ and God appeared in Palmyra and changed my life. I wasn't there nor am I implying that I recollect the appearance, but it has had a direct effect on everything I do. It will be a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out bro. but you forgot to mention how much you loved the book...

    ReplyDelete