Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Crazy Day

In class and in industry there is a saying that auditors are the guys who go through after a battle and finish off the wounded. I never really understood what that meant until today. Up until yesterday I thought I was suppose to work and listen to people and on times when they were trying but it seemed like they couldn't keep the rules I would let it slide. Well last night I got an email explaining that that isn't my job. It makes total sense, but imagine the reaction I got from the lady who I reported had an amazing score that when I went back through totally objective turned south in a hurry. Fun times. Needless to say after staying up late last night and then an early morning this morning I ended up not wanting to do much tonight other than sleep...or watch a baseball game.


So we realized at about noon we were doing really well as far as work was concerned. So we decided to work a normal 8 - 5 shift today and then hit Houston. We wanted to catch a Rockies v Astros game so we got in the car and grabbed the GPS. Along the way the dang thing got a short in the cord. So we were like lets just do this old school...then I remembered I had google maps with GPS on my phone.




So here it is in all it's busted glory. Well we finally make our way all around Houston and can't find an exit to get onto some streets.






It is funny, people who live in the hood hate the hood, and people who don't, think it is some novelty. Take for example someone's decision to stop and get Quiznos right across from a group of about 50 porch monkies with nothing better to do than watch two white kids get out of a new car and walk into a Quiznos. I hate the hood. Between growing up in my neighborhood and some of the places on my mission I try to avoid it like the plague. There is nothing fascinating or interesting about it to me. To each his own though. Finally we make it to the game though, get some tickets that are reserved for charities off a scalper for 10 bucks and make our way in.


Relaxtion is this. It was so nice to sit there in shorts and just enjoy the game, we left early but it was still worth the money. Sorry to my cousin's boy who I couldnt grab a picture for, and my cousin for leaving early. It was a really good night though.



Goodnight Houston, tomorrow I wrap up my work. As it stands, we plan to give the audit news on Friday and then run to the airport before everyone in this office teams up and lynches us.

No comments:

Post a Comment