Thursday, May 13, 2010

Final Day

So last night I didn't sleep all that well because I was pretty stressed about finishing up all the work we had to do in Price. It isn't that I don't like Price, I really enjoy going down there, I just didn't want to have to spend one more night by myself in a hotel room.

So this morning we got a really early start. Our first stop was in Wellington, about 20 minutes from downtown Price. The biggest pile of coal I have ever seen, we were doing some rate checking and realized that in December they had over 600,000 tons of coal there and the company was paying something different than when it is under. It went really well, when we reported our findings it was pretty tough to see the local accountant take it so hard. It is good to see an accountant take it hard because it means they value their job but not this hard. I felt bad for the rest of the day and it just kinda gnawed at me. But what would an audit be if it didn't leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.
So then we moved out to the delightful town of East Carbon. This is about 45 minutes outside of Price, right up next to the book cliffs. Great surroundings. This is the office we worked in.



This one went a little better, as we were working I emailed my Dad and asked him if he knew anyone in East Carbon. He named a bunch of people and one was his Uncle, Uncle Narnie Olson; aka Ollie aka Bozo aka the guy who would rearrange my mom's silverware. (ask her about her Narnie special forks) So we had a good time up there and left without making anyone mad. Then we drove back out to Castle Dale. We were finishing up our first stop and this time everything went fast and was smooth.


Sunnyside power plant in East Carbon
All the accountants we audited this trip were really good friends, so they would email about us the whole trip. I don't know if we made any friends, I am almost certain if I was broke down in Carbon or Emery county I could count on at least 5 people who wouldn't stop. Just kidding they were awesome ladies and it was fun interacting with them. On the way out of the last one we were joking around with one and said it is probably a good thing we are getting out of town tonight. She didn't really say anything, gave a half chuckle, looked at her feet and goes yea you are probably right...

Great first trip though. Next Monday: Houston. Get Ready.

1 comment: