Wednesday, May 12, 2010

History

Today we worked in Price, work went a whole lot better, no one ended up crying. We did get a good glimpse of life in the country. The second office we went to just happened to have their septic back up all over this morning and they were just getting it all cleaned up and reburied when we got there. If you have never been around exposed septic, you haven't lived.


Anyways, as we were driving down main street in Price I saw something that brought back many memories for me and the rest of my immediate family. Anyone who has driven with my Dad has always gotten a lesson on how to be a better driver. Well I want to share a story that will get passed down from generation to generation just like our state quarter collections. It involves my whole family, the suburban, and this friendly little pole.




As you can see there are two poles, without much around them. (I think they started stacking tires around them because of this story.)This story will focus on the smaller one closest to the camera. I am pretty young so I will tell the story as best as I can (which means I will fill in the blanks with how I imagined it went.) We went to the tire shop to get some tires, and my dad sent my mom into get a quote. She came back out and told him how much, to which he responded I can go find some rubber trees, make my own rubber, and tires for less. I can hear it now," Get in the car Riddle we aren't getting ripped off by these crooks." He slowly puts the car in reverse, we all turn around and see this pole but of course we don't say anything, because we know he can see it. Boy were we wrong. There was a dent in the our solid steel bumper that made the grand canyon look small. Never again did we let him live it down. Everytime we bring it up my Dad talks about how that pole wasn't there when he started backing up.


I know this story probably has some embellishments but it is something our family laughs about constantly. I love my family and regardless of how this story sounds love my Dad. He is a great driver and a great man, but when you only make one mistake people always remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment