Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Houston Part II

So it has been forever since I posted because I haven't been on the road since the 22nd of June. Crazy! I know right? Anyways, so the past two weeks I haven't been just sitting around I have been working in Utah and it was nice being home for so long. Made me forget what it was like to travel. Anyways, this morning I came back to Houston. I was suppose to be working in Galveston today but last week I got two surprises that both involved me returning to the Houston office. It was nice and is nice to be back in Houston, other than the fact there is a tropical storm blowing in this weekend. Let's hope I can make it back in time for Saturday night because I have to defend my title. That is right I am doing wild cow milking again. Last year was such a success my team got together for another go (lets not talk about our little adventure to Idaho.) We are expecting a minimum eight-peat. It should be spectacular, considering only my immediate family and Gini read this..I don't think I need to give too many details.

Anyways this morning I flew to Houston, on the plane sitting directly behind me was none other than Rulon Gardner, the same Rulon Gardner who won Olympic gold in Greco-Roman wrestling, the same Rulon Gardner who got lost in Wyoming and walked out losing most of his toes to frostbite, and the same Rulon Gardner that opened a gym in Logan. He was super friendly and talking to anyone he could. I was sitting in front of him and listening to him talk to the guy next to him. Much to my surprise the guy next to him had no idea who Rulon Gardner was. It was funny, because how do you modestly say you won Gold in the Olympics in a sport dominated by Russians, basically how do you say you are the Rocky of wrestling. He was so nice.

Life is good, if there is one thing I am excited about being back in Houston is the food. There is one place I have been craving since I left and I plan on hitting it up tonight for dinner. Wish me luck. Love my job, it is getting easier. It is like I only see in nerd now, I look at papers and I just am drawn to the thing that I need to audit. I can at least talk to Mallory now about what seeing the world in nerd is like.

1 comment: