Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Galveston

So today I worked in Galveston. For those of you who don't know Galveston is right near the beach. It actually boasts the best beach in Texas. So I worked down here at one of the docks. They load sulphur onto the boats. So it smelt like burnt up fireworks the whole day.

It is funny, my job requires me to look for mistakes. So when I find a mistake it means I am doing my job and it is something I take pride in. Which is kind of backwards, I know I am doing my job when I find people making mistakes...I thought about it more today. Savage is trusting me to correct thier employees. The people I meet aren't young by any means, I think the youngest coordinator was 29 and the youngest manager was around 40. These are people who aren't new to their jobs either. That put a little pressure on me and renewed my committment to do my best. I am the type of person that responds to added pressure. The more pressure I feel the better job I do.

So after I got done working I went to my hotel, I kept getting closer and closer to the beach. When I pick hotels I basically just throw a dart at a Hampton Inn board. As long as it is in the same town I am fine. Little did I realize I would be at one on the boardwalk across from the ocean. It is really nice, other than the fact a tropical storm/hurricane is suppose to hit land tomorrow or Friday. So yea nice waves, lots of wind, and cloud bursts here and there.

Life is good, tomorrow hopefully will work out with me getting to Corpus Christi and finishing up all my work here. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment