Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today was a good day. I woke up and went to location one of two today. I got there and it was funny because everyone was speaking french but me. It makes me feel really uncomfortable. Everyone starts out in French then when I speak English they seem so put out and upset like it some trial for them to speak English without an accent. I respect rules, even if I wasn't an auditor I still run by rules. A professor at Harvard Business School when he was teaching a class on Humility, said it is a lot harder to be obedient 98% of the time than 100%. I agree with that. Well so I bring up a rule that has been broken all through the company and she just scoffs at it. Then when her manager comes in, luckily he doesn't speak french so I could understand, she says guess what stupid thing they want us to do now as I am standing right next to her. One form of audit evidence is talking with the workers. Sometimes I rely on that pretty heavily to gauge how they do their work and their respect level and see if they openly admit to doing something they aren't suppose to do but don't know it. When I hear someone say stuff like that, it sends off a red flag. I wish I could have given her a 0. I was looking for a good enough reason. She was nice, but I hated giving her a score that I feel she didn't deserve.

I guess that is where my problems in life start, judging people too harshly. This lady is really nice and probably very good at her job. I just hated the way she scoffed at mine.

I then went to location two of two, a complete turn around. I go in and bring up the exact same thing to the coordinator, she goes oh my goodness well I'll get right on an email out to the managers. Should I tell them if they don't get it to not bother turning in receipts we won't reimburse them? I was like well that is up to you, in my mind I am thinking I am going to hate giving this lady a bad score.

I don't know what else to right, usually I have some insight or something deeper than people's reactions to my work. Today was just another high profile day in my auditing life. Life is good though. Tomorrow I get out of a french dominated city and move to Nova Scotia. It should be nice this time of year, and considering I have 6 hours of driving I should see the whole island.

No comments:

Post a Comment