Thursday, August 12, 2010

Last Audit

Today was pretty funny, halfway through my audit I realized I was doing my last one. I can't believe this job is practically over. It seems like just yesterday I was in Price, visiting with my cousin and making ladies cry. I can't believe it has gone like this. I had some idea of putting of stats, of how many nights I spent in hotels or how many flights I went on. Needless to say I got a free flight to any where in the US and anywhere from one to three free nights at a Hilton depending on the city and how nice a room I want. Yea I got hooked up.

This morning I woke up and I drove to Point Tupper, it is on the water. So beautiful. I had a good time auditing this operation everyone in Canada is so nice. I hda a good day today complete with fish, seafood, and birthday cake.

Canada is a wonderful place, but I can't express how happy I am to go home tomorrow and stay home. Today is a huge milestone for me, I set a goal to have a successful summer and tonight it all came together. I thought back over the summer and everything I did and have never been more grateful than I was tonight.

I have been thinkink pretty deep lately. One thing that has been on my mind is control over my life and the balance. I know that I can't completely control my life, God is in control and no matter what I do it is really up to Him.

I love baseball. I love the Yankees. I was listening to some commentators on tv the other night. They were talking about pitchers, now if a pitcher is good he can throw one pitch. If they can't hit your fastball then you don't need anymore pitches. Exhibit Joba Chamberlain 2007. Now the trick to throwing a good fastball is to grip the ball loosely. The harder you grip the ball the slower it goes, that is actually how you throw a change up. Most people don't know that you only touch a fastball with the tips of your fingers. Somestimes pitchers are "over-gripping" and they lose velocity, they are self destructing.

This came to me today as I was driving. I am like the tired pitcher, wanting to control the game and blow my pitch by people. I try too hard to throw my pitch and I end up just hurting myself and my team. Sometimes we just need to let go and realize we can't control things anymore. I realized today that I have no control over the situations that come my way, I can control what happens when they get to me but the ones that come or don't come my way I can't control those.

Life is good if we live in a such a way as to make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment