Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Friends

I don't think I titled last nights post, as you can tell it is a little scattered. Let us see if we can't remedy that.

So I had an amazing afternoon today. I got done in the office and asked them to recommend a place, I had a friend recommend a carnegie deli type place but after the last time I had smoked meats I don't think I will ever be the same. Imagine me and three women in a conference room one goes I know exactly where to go...La Fornetta....the other two go awww, like a puppy dog just came out of box with a pink ribbon on it and it had I love you in spots on its side. They all start jibbering in french and I am look okay, they tell me it is the nice little italian place on the river. So amazing. I went down and sat outside on a beautiful day and had some pretty good food. I love the change of personality people have when they realize I am American and I don't speak french. So my waiter ignored me which was nice because I got to really soak up the scenery in my corner of the patio. I loved it.

Today I got pretty sentimental and made up for not getting too deep last night. Just bear with me, unless you are one of my brothers then this post is over.

I was thinking about why this trip has been so hard for me. There isn't anything significant about it, I don't mind traveling, I haven't had any bad experiences, the french doesn't truly bother me.... I thought about it today while I was eating and then when I stopped and visited the Montreal temple on the way out of town. I have come to the conclusion it is my friends, I am missing them.

Have you ever been so sure of something only to find out the moment after you do it you were completely wrong? I have, it is like the story of my life. I try to hard to make things right and fix stuff when sometimes I just need to realize just becauce it isn't working how I want it to doesn't mean it is broken. I am not any good at fixing things anyways, exhibit A my motorcycle. I bought it running in April only to take a simple loose screw and turn it into 4 months of not running. But I tried my dangest to fix it.

I asked the ladies how early I should get to the airport, they say at least 3 hours. I was like wow that much foot traffic, ohh yea all the flights out of Montreal are in the evening. Okay...I will go that early. Needless to say I had no line in security, which btw Canada you aren't a threat to anyone no one wants to hijack your planes, stopped acting like you are a big deal and having more security than the White House; anyways back to the airport. I get through security and am able to get on an earlier flight to Halifax. I guess when it doesn't really matter I can get to where I am going just fine.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment