Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wild, and I mean REALLY wild cow milking

This year we chalked up another W. Three-peat. This one wasn't as glamorous as the last two. We didnt have a professional videographer. It was still fun. So I will give you all a recap. My team consisted of Gold, Johnson, and myself.

Gold is first on the rope and leads the cow out of the chutes. She clears and I run for her head and incapacitate her by covering her eyes and just making being upright hard on her. As i got to her she started bucking, tossed her horns and stepped into me and I lost my balance I knew I wasnt going down and i wasnt about to let her get the best of me so on my way down i grabbed the rope. I am now face down in arena dirt getting drug around by her. she is standing right over me and i just can hear her bellowing in my ear and am waiting for some lane frost stuff to happen or her to roll over me. All the sudden the rope starts pulling through my hand and I can't figure out why. it is because she is taking the rope and half my palm with her. By now I think that is it we lost, people who lose their cows dont win. but i get up and see my teammates chasing her. So we chase her down. Get her milked and win. so awesome. On the way back to the exit gate someone lets a mad brahma bull out on accident and it decides to use me as target practice. He got me good in the side.

k maybe it wasn't a bull, might have been one really angry cow. I would be too if strangers were grabbing and trying to milk me all night. anyways, no serious injuries, some rope burn, a couple bruises from where she stepped on me and a cut on my belly.

It was well worth the W though. I get to tell everyone in the office that I am a rodeo star.

What happened to my hand? I hurt it in a rodeo this weekend, nbd.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures Phillips!!! Posts are boring without pictures.

    ReplyDelete