Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Houston




I promised myself I would write every night on the road to keep people up to date. Yesterday, my boss asked me if I would go to Houston to help with a new operation we had just acquired. It would be a short trip so I called Gini to see what she would think. This is how the conversation went:

M: Gini, how are you?
G: Good
M: Work asked me to go to Houston
G: (CONCERNED) Umm OK

M: I leave tomorrow but come back Friday
G: Ok


So then I get home and we talk about the trip and the reason behind it and she goes ohh phew I thought you were saying we were moving to Houston. Ooops, I will be more clear about why I am leaving town next time.


Houston is a very special place for Gini and I, more for me than her because it was here that she first texted me and we started getting to know each other last summer. I will tell you all the story because it is kind of cute. However if you are my brother please stop reading there is nothing for you after this point, just know that Gini and I met here.


I took a job with Savage last Feb, Gini and I met in March and I told her about my sweet job but we were just really casual friends. I started my job and was really excited to be traveling and seeing the world, on my first solo trip I came to Houston. I remember Monday getting here and going to work and just loving it and then coming back to the room and being so lonely and bored. I cried myself to sleep Monday night because I wasn't sure I made the right choice to take this job. Earlier that day I had facebooked Gini and told her to text me so we could hang out that weekend. I had totally forgotten about it. Anyways, Tuesday was the same; work was great but that night I was so lonely in the hotel room with nothing to do. It wasn't fun at all. Late Tuesday night as I was really sad and second guessing my decision I decided to pray and ask for help with the loneliness. As I laid in bed Tuesday night shortly after that prayer, Gini texted me. I totally forgot about facebooking her and it was like a lifesaver. It wasn't anything serious and neither of us thought anything of it just that we now had a friend to talk to at nights.


Little did I know that the next year would change my life so much.


This is us at the Draper Rodeo before







and after I got hurt.





Gini took such good care of me and got me ice for my hand and was there for me when I needed it, just like a year ago in Houston, she has always been there for me when I need it.


I am the luckiest man alive. On the plane ride down I just thought about her and I and everything that has happened since that night over a year ago.


I realized just how loyal and honorable my wife is. She is also hardworking. Who else would start their master's degree when they had just finished their undergrad and finally have a summer to themselves? My wife is also so fashionable, I have never met a better dresser. I love her outfits and she always looks so good. My wife isn't just these things she is also the most beautiful woman I know. I say beautiful not just in looks (she is extremely good looking) but beautiful as in something so much deeper. Like if I were blind and never had the opportunity to look at her I would know she is beautiful just by hearing her voice. She is the beauty that will never change and will always be beautiful because her beauty is on the inside.


Anyways, sorry for those of you not wanting something as sappy as this is, but I just have been thinking about it as I sit here in the hotel where it all started.


Houston is still hot, humid but has really good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment