Thursday, November 18, 2010

Interviews

Sorry to all my faithful blog readers. I know I haven't posted yet and this week has been a pretty exciting week. Let's recap to date.

Sunday night at 11 PM Gini dropped me off at the airport, I took a red-eye to Atlanta and then onto Orlando. It was totally weird. I hate flying red-eyes. Anyways, while we are taxi-ing I make chit chat with the lady next to me. She is flying home to North Carolina from a writer's convention in San Francisco.

Me: What is your book about?
Her: Angels among us, but not your nice angels these are kinda scary ones.
Me: What made you want to write about that?
Her: I had a pretty supernatural childhood
Me: What did you live in a haunted house or something?
Her: My parents were exorcists.
Me: Okay

Yea so I quizzed her about that for a while got some good stories then went to sleep. I got to Disney and had the time of my life. I love Disneyworld and even if I don't get a job there I will probably go back. We are at a reception party meeting and greeting when who shows up? That is right Mickey Mouse! With a professional photographer. I run to the front of the line. I got a sweet picture with him, I have it in a frame they gave all the interviewers and I show it off whenever I get a chance. It is driving Gini nuts. Well during the meet and greet a guy comes up to me and says Eric tell me about bow hunting elk. My jaw hits the floor. I have had that as a personal item on my resume since who knows when and he is the first one to bring it up. He lets me gush and I talk about how much fun it is, how hard it is, and how it is more mental than anything. Then for dinner what do they serve? Elk, so he brings it up to the table of 12 that I am at and I go through again about killing elk. I am in 7th heaven. I grabbed the menu to prove to Gini that hunting does pay off.

So then the interviews were nuts, sprinkled with some of the best food and happiest times of my life and I am back home Tuesday night. I don't want to bore people....

I left this morning for Austin to interview with Dell in the morning I am really looking forward to it also. I am lucky to have so many great companies that are giving me a chance to interview with them. I am happy and safe. Things couldn't be better. I will let you all know what happens.

If by chance I see you around in the next two weeks at any family function, be sure that I will have my Mickey Mouse picture with me. Basically it is the biggest accomplishment of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Garrett will be absolutely delighted to see your picture with "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" as he calls him. (Not just "Mickey Mouse." It's always "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" to him.)

    LOL about the elk hunting. I can't believe they serve elk at Disney World. That's just a bit weird, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Eric! Go Disney World! You are sooo lucky! What I want to know is did you stay on-property? (That means a Disney resort if you don't speak Disney-ese.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I stayed on the property. The Boardwalk hotel and resort. Loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetheart. You are a very lucky guy! Just to be able to say that you had interviews and the best time in your life should keep u motivated for a while!!!!! Can't wait to visit you in Florida. I can show you the best places to go to really enjoy that place.
    I love you and wish you the best of luck in your job search. The job you land will be the job the Lord has in mind for you, remember that.

    ReplyDelete