Thursday, October 14, 2010

Meet Virginia....or Gini.




Pictures as I promised

I was lucky enough to work in California this summer when Gini and her family were there on vacation. They took me to the beach and I saw in the ocean for the first time in my life. It was a great trip. Thanks Savage.
This is after the day at the beach during the same trip to Newport. After a sweet 24th of July swimming in Newton and a day at the beach, I was red.

Gini came up and visited me after my deer hunt. I wanted to put a picture up of my buck but I doubt that would have gone over really well. I love Newton. I love the first picture also.

Gini and I went to Strawberry Days rodeo. It wasn't as good as the Draper Days rodeo but it was up there ;)


Gini's little sister plays volleyball at Idaho State, basically she is a big deal. We usually travel up there for her home games. It is so much fun. I am learning so much about volleyball.
Gini and I went for a midnight chair ride at Sundance, there was a full moon out and so BYU let every zoobie out for the weekend it seemed like. We got there right before the line got crazy long.

The best thing, I don't think I can narrow it down to one, is the fact she loves baseball. She bought me this polo even though she absolutely hates the Yankees.

So here is an update into my life family. I wanted to let you all know what I have been doing and why I have been missing family dinners.

This week has been awesome. On Monday we had a guest speaker, he is my professor's son and just retired at age 30 from Google. Before he left he was in charge of Google's Asia arm. Loaded is spelled very similar to his name. He came in and talked to our class regarding careers. He graduated from London School of Economics (THE top economics school in the world). It was different because you could tell he had fallen away from the gospel. It was sad, a girl asked about having time for a family during a career and he scoffed at her. Anyways, it got to me. It got me nervous and sad about my career. I haven't had much success comparative to my friends who are interviewing all over right now. I was fine with it until this talk. I got kind of worried and as soon as those worries manifested themselves I got a job interview.

I got an email last week for an interview with International Trucks, Navistar is the actual name but International is the public name, the interview never got setup so I followed up. I got an email Tuesday morning for a Wednesday phone interview. I was very excited. I got to the phone interview and nailed it. I feel I did better than I had done in any interview before. At the end I asked him why BYU and their recruiting process. He told me they usually only interview BigX schools, but the new VP of Finance for the company is a BYU alum. The BYU alum was suppose to do the BYU stuff but his schedule changed and he couldn't but they already committed to the school to interview X amount of students. Right now I am thinking ohh great so I am just a formality. Well thanks for the practice. He told me he would call me the next day to let me know what was up. I got a call this morning. Of 150 applicants, I am one of 30 selected for 2nd rounds in Chicago next week. So Thursday morning I fly again. I hope I go Delta and I get to use my new Elite status to board early.

I am excited for this job interview and the opportunity. I am grateful for the answer to my prayer for an interview. This just showed me how much the Lord loves me. I don't know if I will take the job, I don't know if I will get the job but I asked God for this opportunity and He gave it to me. I wanted it more to have something to tell my classmates when they are talking about interviews and I don't feel like a loser. God is so loving though He will let me do this. That simple, ask and you really shall receive.

Until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures of cute Gini. Not loving the prospect of you working in Chicago... :( Would everybody please quit leaving us????

    Okay, I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so handsome in all those pictures. Especially the last two. You guys are adorable. Have fun in Chicago! But look for a job in Virginia please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on the interview. I'm sure you'll rock it. Your lady friend is pretty cute. Oh, and, you should wear some sunscreen. That UBER white skin of yours needs it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put a ring on that. You guys are adorable! :) And make me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete