Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicago

Today I made the biggest mistake of my life, there is no going back from this. I flew first class.

Now that I have your attention, I will explain. So with my last trip to Canada I got a status with Delta. This morning I show up at the airport all excited because I get to board in zone 2, early boarding. I meet up with a nice girl from Westminister College to travel to Chicago together. We both are interviewing for the same job. Well I am sitting there and the attendant says, passenger Phillips check in at the gate. I go up and bam first class ticket. So I was like shaking and I didn't tell my travel buddy that I got to go first class. Anyways, I get up and go on the plane and she was like uhhh what? Well I sit down in first class on the same row as the Dean for the accounting school at BYU. He looks at me and says, what are you doing here. I coolly respond, I always fly first class. So I didn't mind the fact our plane was two hours late. I enjoyed basically the all I could eat food in first class and the real glasses, no plastic cups. But yea I will never look at coach the same.

I got the Chicago and settled in my hotel in Lisle. They had the meet and greet tonight and I was really excited. I was the only BYU student, there was an alum who left early but he showed me the ropes for a little bit. It was interesting to be at a recruiting event where they served liquor.

tomorrow is a big day and I am off to bed.

1 comment: