Monday, February 24, 2014

Update

Sorry I haven't written since October. A lot has happened, and I mean A LOT. If you read Gini's blog this will be a quick recap, see her blog for pictures of these events.

1. November saw winter come here to Sweden, it got really dark really fast. We went to the Canary Islands for Thanksgiving. It was quite a bit of fun. We saw some old sites, beaches, buffets, and other wonderful island scenery.

2. December had us traveling to Disneyland Paris and a wonderful Christmas vacation in Utah.

3. January was spent apart. I was in Sweden working and Gini was in Utah enjoying the sun. It was a long month but was really good. I was lucky enough to come home and fly back with her so she didn't have to fly back by herself. We also found out we are going to have a baby in July in January. It was really exciting.

4. February has been good, it has been quite warm, I think the coldest it got was like 15 or 20, and it is getting brighter each and every day. Today I actually stopped and felt the sun's warmth on my face at lunch. It was incredible I can't remember the last time I felt the sun's warmth.

So now for the big news, last week my worked informed me that we wouldn't be spending the entire 3 years here in Sweden. We would be coming home sooner. My boss, and two others will be leaving in two weeks, and I will be leaving after them. I get to stay around and train the people replacing us, and get to arrange for the closing of all our accounts and other things over here. So sometime the end of March, to the beginning of April we will be returning to North America.

It is bittersweet. While we are excited to be nearer to family, friends, and familiar surroundings; we are really going to miss living in Sweden and enjoying life here. Especially since we just suffered through a winter and we don't even get to enjoy the summer. We are going to miss going on bike rides every day after dinner, swimming in the rivers here, and enjoying the midnight sun. We will also miss traveling through Europe and seeing the sites. However, I won't miss not hunting.

The best part of all of this, is we don't know where we are going to go next. It is like we are playing one of those spinning wheel games they have at the fair. Right now it is spinning really good, and it will start to slow down but really we have no idea where we could end up. This change has come so sudden that I don't think even my company knows exactly where I'll end up. This is causing some anxiety for us, as it could be someplace wonderful like Houston, or Salt Lake City, but it could also be North Dakota, or Southern California.

We will keep you up to date on how this progresses. Until then enjoy this picture of Owen.

No comments:

Post a Comment