Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wow


So it has been a crazy ride these past two weeks. I have loved every minute of it, after delayed snowy honeymoon to Park City at an epic hotel I returned to my last week of school. Currently I have taken four of five finals. I am so excited to take the last one. I am also excited for fishing and I almost drove down today. I really need to go fishing. Anyways, life is good for my wonderful and beautiful wife Gini and I. We are still looking for a good place to live.

Mallory taught me how to have a memorable Easter. You study Christ's last week leading up to Easter. An apostle said, "The atonement didn't start in Gethsemane nor ended on Calvary." It didn't start at the triumphal entry either but it is a great place to start. So yesterday I gave an
fhe lesson on cursing the barren fig tree and today I read about Christ's parables about being a hypocrite. In Christ's greatest lessons they can be boiled down to one simple phrase I feel like.

Trust me.

He is the Son of the living God, the creator of this world and the Universe. He is all powerful. Don't just worship him at church, or just read your scriptures. But trust Him. When I learned this concept and I realized in my life I wasn't trusting Him as much as He was begging and pleading me to, and I started striving to do everything I could to trust Him more; my whole life changed. I still have a long way to go. Incredibly long. Like incredibly long. (Just ask my wife, I
have always wanted to say that ;)) But I know that if I trust Him that path will get shorter each day.

Life is good, last final tomorrow, great weekend ahead of us. I graduate on Friday. Babysit Garrett a little bit, and by babysit I mean totally load him up on sugar. Life is good.


What says Easter better than baby chicks?



No comments:

Post a Comment