Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Wedding and Fun

So I haven't blogged in a while and I apologize in advance that I don't have hardly any pictures. Anyways, a lot has happened. Gini and I returned to Sweden on the 22nd of September after spending 10 days in the US. We both realized that 10 days isn't enough. We got back and had a fun time with Mallory's wedding, Cache Valley, and Reese's blessing. In that order. Then the following week, I proceeded to work on our house. I was able to remove who-knows-how-many-years worth of english ivy from our front flower bed, and did some work on the roof. I had to hire out the last of the roof because I just couldn't do it anymore and I was beat. This desk job is really making me soft.

Anyways, we left on Sunday evening and then we had a long trip. Owen and I were both getting sick on the way, so it made it that much better. When we landed in Minneapolis we were able to grab the last three seats in business class for the flight to Amsterdam. That helped us all get a few extra hours of sleep and it was nice. However, any sleep we may have gotten on the flight was quickly erased when we came home with a sick, jet-lagged baby. Owen usually struggles for a week getting up at midnight until 4 am. Since he was sick we wouldn't know why he was awake and so we would go and check on him. So of course that would just let him know all he has to do is cry and he will get Mom and Dad out of bed. It has been a long week. At least now that Gini and I are getting over the jet lag we can go back to sleep if he wakes us up. Before we both would get up at midnight and just be up until 7 or 8.

With all the free time I have had in the dead of the night I have asked myself the same question a lot. WHAT ARE WE DOING IN SWEDEN?!?!? I don't know what it was about this trip, but it really made me homesick. I have been one who has always enjoyed an adventure and loved new things, and so far I have just been pretty happy-go-lucky about this move. Then I started to think what it would feel like if this adventure ended and we moved back to the US. It would be really sad for me. I miss a number of things in Utah, especially the hunting and fishing, but it is a great time being here. And won't it just seem like a breeze if we live on the East coast and have to take, heaven forbid, TWO flights home from Grandma and Grandpas, or even drive home! Anyways, this adventure is still fun, we are just gearing up for winter. The high the other day was 40, it is getting dark earlier and earlier. We lose about 30 minutes of daylight a week for the next 10 weeks.
The mountain pass between Norway and Sweden.

The Port of Narvik.

These are just two pictures from work. I am going to Norway again next week, and will take some more. We'll see if it looks different.

No comments:

Post a Comment