Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Callings

So Gini and I returned to Sweden on the 24th of June. We had a work conference in Salt Lake City and enjoyed 4 wonderful nights at the Grand America. It was a great ending to a trip to the USA. When we returned to Sweden our luggage was a little behind us, but it finally showed up (it was just 36 hours late).

In January as I was returning home, my customer made an announcement that they were out of money and needed to find some external financing. It was a long drawn out process, but basically Gini and I didn't know if we were going to stay in Sweden or have to return. This roller coaster continued from February until we returned in June. It was a pretty tense time with us trying to guess where we would end up if this project didn't get the funding they needed. This was big time news in Sweden as the mine we are working with was a large part of the local economy. Everyone in Sweden knew the project and knew it was a in a precarious situation. The local branch decided not to give us callings because it wasn't clear how long we would be in Sweden. So we spent the first few months in Sweden without any callings, but that all changed when we returned. The first weekend here, I got a calling. After they finished setting me apart, they grabbed Gini as well.

Even though I don't speak Swedish they called me into the branch presidency here in LuleƄ. Gini also got a wonderful calling and I am excited for her, but I will let her share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment